Author Topic: Spartan Is Actually Internet Explorer 12, Analyst Believes  (Read 1881 times)

Offline javajolt

• Administrator
  • I Do Windows
    • windows10newsinfo.com
Spartan Is Actually Internet Explorer 12, Analyst Believes
« on: January 17, 2015, 04:58:26 AM »
Well, that’s a shock, is it not? Microsoft is apparently not yet ready to give up on the IE name, and according to one analyst, the codename Spartan is actually just that.

A codename for version 12 of Internet Explorer.

We’ve all heard that Redmond is currently working on a new browser that will be bundled with Windows 10, and this new solution is believed to represent a completely new beginning for Microsoft in a market where some users still have negative perception with the IE brand.

Anyway, Rob Enderle, the principle analyst at Enderle Group thinks that Spartan will not be used as a name for the final product — the Internet Explorer moniker is here to stay for the foreseeable future.

This is what he said in a recent interview:

“We are talking about IE 12. Spartan is just the code name. That’s my expectation. It’s based on a consensus of rumors, so I think we can rely on that date.”
He is, however, sure that Microsoft will unveil this new solution at the upcoming January 21 event in Redmond next week.

Internal sources have hinted that the software titan has at least juggled with the idea of changing the name of its web browser, and if this is to happen, then Spartan is the perfect point to just do it.

Details are still scarce, though, so we’ll just have to wait till Wednesday.

source:windows10update