Windows 10 News and info | Forum
December 11, 2018, Loading... *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This is a clean Ad-free Forum and protected by StopForumSpam, Project Honeypot, Botscout and AbuseIPDB | This forum does not use audio ads, popups, or other annoyances.

Website   Home   Windows 8 Website GDPR Help Login Register  
By continuing to use the site or forum, you agree to the use of cookies, find out more by reading our GDPR policy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Share this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on MySpaceShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on TechnoratiShare this topic on TwitterShare this topic on YahooShare this topic on Google buzz
Author Topic: Windows 10 now displays the battery level of Bluetooth devices  (Read 175 times)
javajolt
Administrator

United States United States

I Do Windows

WWW Email
« on: April 08, 2018, 02:42:51 PM »
ReplyReply

Bluetooth devices are perfect if you want to get rid of all those messy cables and keep your desk tidy. I, for one, like to connect by Bluetooth speaker to my laptop and listen to music while working.

But thereís something thatís always driving me crazy: my Bluetooth speaker is running out of battery just when Iím listening to one of my favorite songs.

If you really hate it when your Bluetooth device runs out of battery and disconnects from your computer, weíve got some good news for you. Windows 10 Redstone 5 will display the battery level of Bluetooth devices so that you wonít be caught by surprise by low battery issues.

Insiders can already test this feature

If youíre an Insider, you can already test this new feature by installing Windows 10 build 17639. This build release is available only Insiders who opted to Skip Ahead.

To access the new feature, go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices Settings.

It is worth mentioning that this new feature wonít be compatible with all Bluetooth devices. For Bluetooth devices that do support this feature, Windows 10 will update the battery percentage whenever the computer and the device are connected.

Unfortunately, we donít have a list of Bluetooth devices that wonít support this battery indicator feature. Hopefully, Microsoft will publish it before rolling out Redstone 5. Otherwise, youíll just have to connect your Bluetooth device and navigate to Bluetooth & other devices Settings to check if the battery level is displayed.

Being able to check the battery level of Bluetooth devices is very useful if you use many Bluetooth devices with your Windows 10 computer. In this manner, youíll know when you need to charge them and avoid unpleasant situations where you simply canít use them because theyíve run out of battery.

Microsoft could also improve this Bluetooth battery indicator by adding alerts. In this manner, users wonít have to open the Settings apps every time they want to check the battery level of their Bluetooth devices.

source

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: